Friday, May 30, 2008

The End

Day 25 – May 29

Well, there’s not much more to say but to close off this internship blog. Today was the last day and the last commute through the coffee fields.

The morning exam session was the English exam for the Form II students that we weren't able to do on Monday morning. I supervised the IIB class but was angry through it all. Not at the students, but at the teacher who taught them and prepared the exam. One of the questions was horrible and entirely unfair to the students, and on another, it was very clear that she had not taught them properly during their lessons, so they were unable to answer properly. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do now.

By the time the exam finished, the carpenters had arrived and were working on the large locking cabinet as well as putting the final touches on the tables and chairs brought yesterday (including balancing them). While they were doing that, I went to town to send my reports and then went back to the school to say my goodbyes to the students and the staff.

I could do a final summary of some sort, but I think the almost 17,000 words that I’ve spit out into this blog over the past 5 weeks says enough about my experience here. It was truly one that I will never forget.

No comments: